Saturday 30 May 2009

Final update

I'm writing this blog from the comfort of my parents dining room, to tell you the tiny little last bit of my journey in Bolivia and where I go from here. I had a very enjoyable, if very sad, last few weeks in Bolivia the highlight of which was having a wonderful Hawain themed surprise party thrown for me by the staff and all the girls. I also had the opportunity to take all the girls out for a nice dinner, and the privelidge of attending school celebrations for mothers day. It was very difficult to me to have to say goodbye to so many people I have grown to love, especially to the girls, but I left in the full confidence that things are very much changing for the better in El Alfarero.

This time in Bolivia has certainly been one of many ups and downs, and while sometimes the downs have felt quite a lot more dramatic than the ups but overall this has been an amazing journey for me. I have learned many amazing things through the privelidge of being able to stay in a different culture and do things I have never down before. I feel like I have grown a lot in personal authority and leadership, as well as having learned how to take more initiative: if I see the problem, I am the one who must try to solve it! The experiences I have had are almost too overwhelming to sum up, but I look foward to doing that when I see some of you individually.

I really am looking forward to seeing all of my friends and family again - if I don't get in touch within the next week or so to arrange some kind of social engagement (!) then please get in touch with me! Anyone who is interested in hearing more about the ministry and my experiences in Bolivia, either on a personal or a group level, can also feel free to get in touch, either via this blog or through facebook or email.

As most of you probably now know, I still have two years on university to complete, studying french and spanish at Glasgow. I am very excited about getting stuck into honours, but I will have to wait till September to do that! My plans for the summer to remain quite vague, with various notions about getting a job, making visits and possbley going to France for a bit are all in the pipeline. Anyone with exciting things I could potentially do or help out with... please tell me!

Thank you very much again for being faithful in reading this blog, it is so amazing to me that there are this many people who might actually be interesting to so many people! I doubt that I will be updating it again, but it has been incredible, and I am pleased to have been able to share it with you.

No comments: